To best ensure a smooth experience whilst using the learner system, we recommend that you consider the following steps when starting or continuing through an enrolled course:
- Only having one tab open on the learning system. It's best to have only one tab open. When you have multiple browser tabs open (eg. One for each module in a course), it will mean that each tab doesn’t necessarily have the whole picture of the progress that you have made through a course.
- Allowing cookies and storage of browsing activity. Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently. You can allow cookies by selecting yes to the following pop-up when you log in to the system (generally when you enter the home page of an enrolled course).
- Launching a course using an incognito or private window. It can be helpful to use a different web browser, if there is another person who has, or is planning to complete a course on the learning system. You can also use a different web browser entirely. This is because data can be stored on the web browser and can result in errors appearing whilst completing a course, including pre-filling multiple-choice questions, thus preventing completion of a module and progression through the course.
- Another option is to perform a 'hard refresh' on the chosen web browser if it is being used by multiple learners to complete the same course. See the article on how to Manage multiple learners on the same device for more information.
- Ensuring that pop-ups are enabled. See the article on Enabling pop-ups for more information.
- Use the Latest Software. For the optimal browsing experience, you need to have the latest software. Take time to update your search engine regularly. Some browsers update automatically, but others need to be done manually. Sometimes the easiest solution is to uninstall, then reinstall your browser. This will ensure that you’re running the most up-to-date version of the software.
- Finishing Modules: When exiting a module or course upon completion, it is recommended that you use the exit button in the summary section of the module (click on the link to go to the Completing Modules and Course Progression article for more information), instead of the following:
- Using the back button as the history of your interactions with the module or course may become confused and potentially result in loss of progress.
- Refreshing the browser page whilst in the course may result in you losing your progress.
- If part way through a course or module and wanting to exit out, it is recommended that you simply close the web browser tab instead.
If none of the above suggestions resolve your issue, please contact the Netball Learning team by filling out the form titled 'Report an issue with the Netball Learning system' here: Submit a request.