Netball Australia and PlayHQ are committed to maintaining data security and privacy for our participants.
What is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)?
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is a security measure that requires two or more proofs of identity to grant you access to PlayHQ. Authentication will occur though SMS or a 3rd party authentication app e.g. Google or Microsoft Authenticator. This authentication step will occur at log-in and after periods of 28 days (user is automatically logged out after this period).
How to setup MFA on your Administrator Account
PlayHQ offers two methods of MFA – By SMS or an authentication app.
To set up MFA on your account:
- Login to your administrator account in the Admin Portal. From the menu, click on your account details in the bottom right-hand corner and select Account.
- Switch to the Security tab, and click Set up Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Select the method of authentication you would like to use (authentication app or SMS).
Using the SMS method
If you select the SMS method, enter select your mobile’s country code (AUS or NZ) and your mobile number on screen, then click Send Code to receive a one-time security code via SMS. Enter the code received via SMS and click Submit.
You will be signed-out and prompted to log into your account, this time with a new 6-digit code sent via SMS. If this is not received or if the code has timed out, click Resend a new code to have this sent again.
Using the Authentication App method
Prompts will be provided on screen to download an authentication app (or open your existing one) and scan the QR code to set up a 6 digit code that will automatically generate every 30 seconds.
- Download and set up an authentication app on your device to get codes when prompted during sign-in. Below is a list of some common authentication apps:
- Use your authentication app to scan the QR code on your screen. If you can't use a QR code, enter the unique code beneath this.
- Once your security token (6 digit code) is set up in your authentication app, enter this on your screen and click Submit.
- You will be signed-out and prompted to log into your account, this time with your chosen authentication method.
How do I reset my MFA?
At any point you can switch from using the authentication app to the SMS method of MFA, as well as the other way around.
However, if you change to a new phone number or phone and can no longer receive the SMS, or accidentally delete your MFA security code or token from your authentication app, please contact the Netball Australia Service and Support Team via firstname.lastname@example.org who can reset your MFA against your administrator account.