This article provides information on how to access the newly introduced "Add New Round" feature. It also guides you through the process of adding a new round to the fixture of domestic or Home & Away competitions in the PlayHQ admin portal. It is important to note that this feature is unavailable for a grade associated with a Tournament competition.
Add New Round Accessibility and Availability
The “Add new round” option is only available for existing Domestic or Home & Away competitions and can be found under each grade’s fixturing setting for the regular season fixture.
There are certain circumstances when the "add a new round" option will either be completely unavailable or inactive. These circumstances are as follows:
The "add a new round" option is not available when:
- A grade associated with a Tournament competition.
- A grade that has not been fixtured.
The "Add New Round" button will be visible but inactive under the following circumstances:
- When the current date is after the end date of the season for the respective grade.
- When there are no longer any teams remaining in the fixtured grade, meaning they have all been regraded out.
- When the finals teams have already been assigned based on the ladder standings.
Adding a New Round
When adding a round in PlayHQ, it's important to keep the following in mind:
- The "Add New Round" feature is available for regular season fixtures only, not for finals.
- You can only add a new round at the end of the regular season fixture; it's not possible to insert a new round mid-season.
- The new round will be scheduled 7 days from the round date of the previous round.
- If there are finals scheduled, they will be pushed out 7 days from the round date of the newly added round.
- Any existing exception dates applied to the grade will be considered when adding the new round.
Adding a new round is quite simple. All you need to do is click the “add a new round “button.
Before finalising the changes, administrators can review the updated fixtures on the preview page. Here are a few important points to note about this preview page:
- At this stage, the round has not been officially added yet. You have the option to cancel, and the new round will not be included.
- The new round, as well as any finals rounds, will be highlighted in red in the updated fixture. This serves as an indicator of the changes made.
Add the New Round
If you’re satisfied with the preview, you may click the “Add New Round” button on the page. This will officially add a new round. Once the round has been added, it will appear under the fixtures tab.
The grade’s fixture settings and dates will be updated to reflect that a new round exists.
If an exception date exists for the grade and happens to conflict with either the new round or an updated finals round date, that impact will be shown on the preview page.