Administrators can efficiently save time by utilizing the season rollover function, which enables them to automatically copy over specific settings as a starting point for a new season. This feature streamlines the process and ensures a seamless transition between seasons.
This article describes how to initiate and complete a season rollover.
Using the Season Rollover
To initiate a season rollover, go to the Seasons page for a Competition of any type. On the Competition’s Seasons page, you will see a Rollover Season button appear next to the Add Season button in either an active or inactive state.
The "Rollover Season" button will be displayed as inactive under the following circumstances:
- If no seasons have been created yet for the competition.
- If there are no remaining season names available to create a new season (in such cases, the "Add Season" button will also be inactive).
The "Rollover Season" button will be active if the following conditions are met:
• There is at least one existing season in the competition.
• There is at least one available season name to create a new season.
The season rollover wizard
After clicking on the active "Rollover Season" button, you will be prompted to select the season from the same Competition that you wish to rollover. This selected season is referred to as the source season.
Please note that you can only rollover to and from seasons within the same competition i.e., you cannot roll a season of a different competition into the season of another.
"Create a New Season” Step of the Season Rollover
Once you have selected a source season and clicked on "Continue," to proceed to the "Create a new season" step of the wizard. It is important to note the following:
- If club management settings were configured in the source season, two dots will be displayed in the top-middle section of the page. These dots indicate that there will be a second step involved.
- If club management settings were not configured in the source season, the two dots will not appear, indicating that there is only a single step for the season rollover process.
Please take the time to read the note at the top of the page. It provides important information regarding what is excluded from the season rollover process, such as grades, association teams, and club teams. These elements can be rolled over separately. Please note that participants will not be rolled over either.
Season settings that can Be rolled over
The following Season details will be carried over during the rollover process; however, you have the flexibility to make any necessary adjustments for your new season:
- Venues: The venues from the source season will be displayed on this page.
- Age restrictions toggle: If age restrictions were enabled in the source season, they will be toggled on this page. However, you will still need to enter the age restriction dates for the new season to proceed.
- Age groups: If age groups were enabled, the active age groups, along with their corresponding year ranges (including any advanced settings, if utilized), will be shown on this page. Nevertheless, you will still need to provide the "Calculate age of player as at" date for the new season to proceed.
Season settings that can’t be Rolled Over
The following season details are NOT rolled over:
- Season name - You may select from the season names still available for the Competition you are working in.
- Dates - No dates are rolled over. You will have to enter dates for the new season wherever they need to be entered e.g., season dates, exception dates, age restriction dates, etc.
- Visibility - Visibility will always be set to "Hidden" on this page. If you would like to display the season on public pages right from the start, you may update this setting to "Visible".
Once all mandatory fields have been entered, depending on the scenario, you will either:
- Choose the Next button if club management settings were used in the source season (see the next section below).
- Complete the season rollover by choosing the Create Season button that is available if club management settings were not used in the source season (see "Completing the season rollover" section below).
"Club management settings” step of the Season Rollover
If club management settings were used in the source season, you will need to complete a 2nd step in the season rollover wizard.
The following Club Management Setting details will be carried over during the rollover process; however, you have the flexibility to make any necessary changes for your new season:
- Invited clubs: Any clubs that were invited to the source season will be displayed here, regardless of whether they accepted or declined the invitation.
- Roles: The roles that were enabled in the source season will be available for selection.
- Edit team name / assign player point toggles: These settings will retain their enabled or disabled state.
- Registration fees: Any fees set in the source season will appear on this page.
- Terms and conditions toggle: This setting will retain its enabled or disabled state.
Club Management Settings that can’t be Rolled Over:
- Club Team Allocation Dates: No dates will be carried over, so you will need to enter these dates for the new season.
- Age Limits: The age limits will be populated based on the settings chosen in the previous Season step.
- Custom Fields: No custom fields will be carried over. However, if global custom fields have been configured by parent governing bodies for the destination season, they will be displayed on this page.
- Once you have entered all the mandatory fields, you can either proceed to complete the season rollover by selecting the "Create Season" button (refer to the "Completing the season rollover" section below).
Completing the season rollover
Once you've completed the rollover, the new season will be available in the competition. If you've completed the Club Management Settings step, you will see that this is configured in the new season and that the clubs you specified in the rollover wizard are invited.
To read about how to rollover Grades, click here.