Administrators can efficiently save time by utilizing the grade rollover function, which enables them to automatically copy over specific settings as a starting point for a new season.
This article describes how to initiate and complete a Grade rollover.
Grade Rollover availability
As grades are associated with a specific season, the process of rolling over grades differs from the season rollover process. To utilize the grade rollover function, navigate to the Grades tab of the desired Competition Season. Initially, the grade rollover option may not be visible. However, when you click the "Add a Grade" button, the grade rollover option will be available if the following conditions are met:
- There is at least one other season existing in the competition.
- No grades have been created yet in the target season.
The grade rollover option will not be provided if the following conditions are true:
- No other seasons exist in the competition.
- One or more grades have already been created in the target season.
Rollover Grades Window
When the grade rollover option is presented, administrators have two choices:
- Rollover all grades from a previous season: This will guide you to the Grade Rollover Wizard.
- Add grades manually one-by-one: This allows you to add individual grades as usual. For information on how to add grades manually, you can refer to the article titled “Managing Grades”.
The Grade Rollover Wizard
After selecting the "Rollover all grades from a previou season" option, you will be taken through a two-step wizard.
Step 1: In the initial step, you need to select the season of the same Competition that you would like to rollover grades from. This is referred to as the source season.
Step 2: After selecting the source season, you can proceed to the second step by clicking the "Next" button. This step serves as a review page.
Let's look more closely at this page, as well as what details are rolled over:
- Source season/ competition - These details are displayed to remind you of the competition and season you are rolling grades over from.
- Grades to be created - This indicates the number of grades in the source season that will be rolled over into the destination season.
- Age restrictions calculate age of player as at date - If the age restriction grade setting was used in the source season, a section will appear on this page, asking you to select a single date that will be applied to any grade with this setting enabled. If age restrictions were not used in any of the grades being rolled over, this section will not appear.
- Grade visibility: You can collectively set the visibility of all grades being rolled over as "Visible" or "Hidden" based on your selection in this field. Individual grade visibility preferences can be edited after the grade rollover is completed.
- All grade attributes, grade and game settings will be rolled over.
Completing the grade rollover
Once you've initiated the grade rollover, you will be taken back to the Grade list in the season you started the process from, and a message will appear stating that the grades are being rolled over.
Please note that this message will be visible to any administrator in your organisation viewing the Grade list. To refresh the page, you can either navigate away and return or use the "Refresh" button.
Once the grade rollover completes and a refresh is done, the "Rollover in progress" message will go away and all successfully rolled over grades will appear. The Add a Grade button can once again be used to add more grades manually.
If any grades encounter errors, a message will appear in the Grade list. You can expand the error message to view the names of grades that have encountered errors. It is recommended to click the "Retry" button to attempt another rollover of the failed grades. If the grades continue to fail, please save the list of failed grades as a PDF. You can then click the "Accept" link and enter those errored grades manually.
If you have been presented with errors, you must either successfully complete the grade rollover or accept the errors to manually add grades again.