Completing an association team rollover will save you time by ensuring that all your association-created teams can be copied over from one season to another to serve as a starting point for a new season.
This article describes how to initiate and complete an association team rollover.
Please note that the Association team rollover only includes teams that were created by the association. It does not include:
- Teams registered via the Team to Season form.
- Club teams - club teams will need to be rolled over separately by each Club.
Using the association team rollover
Association team rollover availability
Since teams are associated with a specific season, the process of rolling over association teams differs from the season rollover process.
To begin, go to the Teams list at the Association level of the desired Competition season where you want to roll over association teams. Initially, the team rollover option may not be visible. However, when you click the "Add a Team" button, the rollover association teams option will be available if the following conditions are met:
- There is at least one other season existing in the competition.
- No association-created teams have been added to the target season.
The rollover association teams option will not be provided if the following conditions are true:
- No other seasons exist in the competition.
- One or more association-created teams have already been added to the target season.
Association Teams window
When the association rollover option is presented, administrators have two choices:
- Rollover all association teams from a previous season: This will guide you to the Rollover association teams Wizard.
- Add association teams manually one-by-one: This allows you to add individual association teams as usual. For information on how to add grades manually, you can refer to the article titled “Managing Teams”.
The association team rollover wizard
After selecting the "Rollover all association teams" option, you will be taken through a two-step wizard.
Step 1: In the initial step, you need to select the Season of the same Competition that you would like to rollover association teams from. This is referred to as the source season.
Step 2: After selecting the source season, you can proceed to the second step by clicking the "Next" button. This step serves as a review page.
Let's take a closer look at this page and the details that are rolled over:
- Source season /competition: These details are provided to remind you of the competition and season you are rolling association teams over from.
- Teams to be created: This indicates the number of association-created teams in the source season that will be rolled over into the destination season.
- All team attributes: All team attributes will be rolled over.
To initiate the rollover, you can click the "Rollover Teams" button.
Completing the association team rollover
Once you have initiated the association team rollover, you will be taken back to the Team list in the season where you started the process. A message will appear, indicating that the teams are being rolled over.
Please note that this message will be visible to any administrator in your organisation viewing the Team list. To refresh the page, you can either navigate away and return or use the "Refresh" button.
After the association team rollover is completed and the page is refreshed, the "Rollover in progress" message will disappear, and all successfully rolled over association teams will be displayed. The "Add a Team" button can once again be used to manually add more association teams.
Please note that admins can delete the rolled-over team if there are no participants allocated to it and if the team is not assigned to any grade. For more information on how to delete a team, you can refer to the article titled “Managing Teams”.
If association teams have errored for any reason, a notification will appear in the Team list. You can expand the error message to view the names of the teams that encountered issues. It's important to note that all association teams that have been successfully rolled over will be displayed in the team list.
You can click the "Retry" button if you wish to make another attempt at rolling over the failed teams. In case the teams continue to fail for any reason, it is recommended to save the list of unsuccessful teams as a PDF. From there, you can use the "Accept" link and manually enter the details of those teams that encountered errors.
If you come across any errors, you must either successfully complete the association team rollover or accept the errors to proceed with manually adding association teams again.