Completing a club team rollover will save you time by ensuring that all your club teams can be copied over from one season to another to serve as a starting point for a new season.
This article describes how to initiate and complete a club team rollover.
Please note that the club team rollover only includes teams that were created by the club. It does not include any teams created by the Association or registered to the Association hosting a competition that the club participates in.
Using the club team rollover
To begin a club team rollover, navigate to the Teams list within a Season of a Competition of any type (that the club has accepted an invite to).
Club team rollover availability
To begin, go to the Teams list at the club level of the desired Competition Season where you want to roll over clubs’ teams. Initially, the team rollover option may not be visible. However, when you click the "Add a Team" button, rollover club teams option will be available if the following conditions are met:
- There is at least one other season existing in the competition.
- The club has accepted an invite to an additional season of the same competition.
- No club teams already exist in the season you are trying to roll club teams over into.
The rollover club teams option will not be provided if the following conditions are true:
- No other seasons exist in the competition.
- The club has not accepted an invite to an additional season of the same competition.
- 1 or more club teams already exist in the season you are trying to roll club teams over into.
Club Teams window
When the club rollover option is presented, administrators have two choices:
- Rollover all club teams from a previous season: This will guide you to the Rollover club teams Wizard.
- Add club teams manually one-by-one: This allows you to add individual club teams as usual.
The Club team rollover wizard
After selecting the "Rollover all clubs teams" option, you will be taken through a two-step wizard.
Step 1: In the initial step, you need to select the season of the same Competition that you would like to rollover clubs teams from. This is referred to as the source season.
Step 2: After selecting the source season, you can proceed to the second step by clicking the "Next" button. This step serves as a review page.
Let's take a closer look at this page and the details that are rolled over:
- Source season /competition: These details are provided to remind you of the competition and season you are rolling club teams over from.
- Teams to be created: This indicates the number of club-created teams in the source season that will be rolled over into the destination season.
- All team attributes: All team attributes will be rolled over.
To initiate the rollover, you can click the "Rollover Teams" button.
Completing the Club team rollover
Once you have initiated the club team rollover, you will be taken back to the Team list in the season where you started the process. A message will appear, indicating that the teams are being rolled over.
Please note that this message will be visible to any administrator in your organisation viewing the Team list. To refresh the page, you can either navigate away and return or use the "Refresh" button.
After the club team rollover is completed and the page is refreshed, the "Rollover in progress" message will disappear, and all successfully rolled over club teams will be displayed. The "Add a Team" button can once again be used to manually add more club teams.
Please note that admins can delete the rolled-over team if there are no participants allocated to it and if the team is not assigned to any grade. For more information on how to delete a team, you can refer to the article titled “Managing Teams”.
If club teams have errored for any reason, a notification will appear in the Team list. You can expand the error message to view the names of the teams that encountered issues. It's important to note that all club teams that have been successfully rolled over will be displayed in the team list.
You can click the "Retry" button if you wish to make another attempt at rolling over the failed teams. In case the teams continue to fail for any reason, it is recommended to save the list of unsuccessful teams as a PDF. From there, you can use the "Accept" link and manually enter the details of those teams that encountered errors.
If you come across any errors, you must either successfully complete the club team rollover or accept the errors to proceed with manually adding club teams again.