Families and friends can follow games in real-time with live scoring. Scores synchronise in real-time when scoring with PlayHQ Electronic Scoring if the device is online. Live indicators and real-time scores appear in the PlayHQ Administration Portal, Participant Portal (via My Teams) and the Public Site (via Game Centre).
Games with synchronised scores display a 'Live' indicator on the top right of Electronic Scoring. A similar indicator appears in other PlayHQ portals displaying the game status and score.
The Live indicator will also be displayed when selecting a game. This means your device or another device is currently live scoring a game.
Live Scoring Game Status
The standard progression of game status with live scoring is illustrated in the picture below.
Please note that for the games that are in Progression and Live:
- My Teams Management Access is locked.
- Unable to edit score from Game Day.
- Editing result from Game Details has a warning.
- Blocks scoring on secondary devices.
The standard progression of game status without live scoring is illustrated in the picture below.
Please note that for the games that are in Progress(not live):
- My Teams Management Access is open.
- Able to edit scores from Game Day.
Refresh Button In E-scoring
Internet connection is required to synchronise game results with PlayHQ Electronic Scoring.
If you find that a game, which has been completed on your e-scoring device, is appearing as pending in the Admin Portal and on playhq.com, try these two troubleshooting steps:
1. Disconnect and then reconnect to Wi-Fi, hotspot, or cabled internet; and
2. When your device is online, try clicking the refresh button found on the main screen of your e-scoring session. Then check if these game results now appear in the Admin Portal and on playhq.com.